Take chances!

Despite being only 18 I think I have done some pretty cool things in my life. I've experienced a few things that I wish I could do again. I can say having these experiences changes you for the better. They make you a more confident and stronger person and this is coming from someone who used to be really shy but now I look back and think how could I actually be that shy. However, I'm the sort of person that seems quiet first but becomes loud after.

Anyway, the first thing I did was complete the silver DofE award. I really wanted to do the bronze but none of my friends seemed to want to do it however, when I was in year 11 I had decided I would the silver award no matter what and so, I did it and it was one of the best and hardest experiences of my life. During the three days I did regret doing it as it was very hard and challenging but there wasn't much I could do. Its not like I could turn back and say I wanted to go home. Despite the fact of really regretting doing the expedition, can I say it still was one of the best three days of my life. It literally was one of the the best experiences ever. Some highlights include one of my friends getting stuck in mud whilst the other tried to pull her out but ended up getting stuck herself. In this situation she nearly lost her shoe and I seriously could not stop laughing but there was a teacher who came to the rescue. After falling several times because of the blimming weight on my back we finally decided we were lost and this was after walking for at least three hours in the wrong direction and this was whilst we were with the teacher. So from this I'm sure you'll figure out that the teacher didn't really know how to read the map.

I was extremely happy when it was the third day as it meant that we would be going home but we still had to walk for several hours to get to the station. During one point we were walking past some horses and my friend decided she wanted to drop her glove and not realise. By the time she noticed she was missing a glove a horse was eating it, and at that point I literally could not stop laughing at all. Our whole group burst out laughing, it was just that funny. Nearing the end I really didn't want the expedition to be over. The experience as a whole was amazing. The views, the people, the atmosphere you don't really get to see these things when living in a busy city like London. The only thing I was waiting for was being able to go home have a nice warm shower and just get into bed and can I say that was the most amazing feeling when you've been sleeping on the cold hard floor in a tent for the last two days.


So this is just one of my stories hope you enjoyed reading it.
Sona Xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Chocolate Cookies

Down Memory Lane

EXAMS!!