Outward Bound
Outward Bound is this amazing thing, if you ever get the Chance do it. Its basically a trip that lasts a week and during that time you do lots of activities and on one of the days you go camping. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to go as it was for one week but I was like I'm not going to get a chance to go away with my friends for a week again because we're going to different universities so I might as well just go now. And as the time came I realised I wasn't very excited to go either. But I got through this and still went and can I say I'm glad I went.
On the first day we did this activity called walking in the gauge which was basically a stream that we had to walk up. So this was a trust exercise and we had to be blind folded. There were three people who weren't blind folded and they had to guide the whole group up the stream and there were around 10 people in my group. This was scary if I slipped it would have hurt but luckily I never. However, my teacher did and it was soo funny. Anyways while I was climbing blind folded guided by my friend she forgot to tell me to stop walking and I nearly fall. So when it was her turn to be blind folded her head "accidentally" banged into the tree which was very funny. But she realised I did it on purpose and just laughed.
Moving on the next day was we did small activities but one just killed me with embarrassment. We had to get on a boat which took use to sea then jump in and swim to the shore. Sounds simple doesn't it, but when you can't swim this is your worst enemy. Everyone was like its okay you'll be able to do it so I tried and I am NEVER jumping into the sea again. I basically doggy paddled nearly all the way until the water started to take me with it and I panicked. This made me feel like I was drowning and I was calling my friend to come and help me. In other words I was screaming. But what do you expect I was blimming scared I thought I was going to die. Then my friend goes just stand up. She stood there while I was screaming then tells me to stand up. This was literally so embarrassing. And I'll leave that story there.
On Wednesday we were packing to go on the mini expedition. When we started it was fine until we came upon a never ending mountain and I mean it was never ending. And once we got up we had to climb back down it to get to the camp, like what was the point of it. So yeah we camped over night and the food was horrible so my friends and I lived of lollipops and chocolate for day. The best bit about this was that we got to canoe back. This is what our Wednesday and Thursday consisted of.
Friday was the day we were leaving and I realised just how much I like it there and didn't want to go home. If I never mentioned it before we went to Wales. We had one last activity to do before we left and it was called a trapeze and this was like a big pole you climb up and jump of and grab the small pole. It didn't really look scary but once I was up there I wished I'd never climbed it in the first place.
So I've just shared a really embarrassing story about me hope you enjoyed reading it.
P.s I would have put up some pictures but they're on my friends USB sorry.
Sona Xx
Comments
Post a Comment