EXAMS!!
Okay, so exams are getting closer and day by day I'm getting more and more stressed. There are literally only two months left till my exams start and I think I'm starting to go crazy. Time is going by soo fast and it frustrates me. The exams I'm sitting are some of the most important exams I will ever sit and can I say they are flipping hard. The jump between GCSE's and A-levels is massive and if you don't study you will fail. Trust me I'm speaking from experience and because of the lack of motivation I had I am now retaking some of my As exams. It's not really a great situation to be in as you have the stress from A2 exams as well as As and it's not a nice feeling. On top of that universities want a specific grade and if thats not achieved I actually don't know what I'm going to do.
So if you're someone who's taking their GCSE'S or doing some other sort of exam please study hard. Before you know it your exams will be round the corner and if you're anything like me thats when the panicking starts. I've got some tips for those of you who are like me and love panicking.
1: Don't list a bunch of things you need to do. Meaning don't stress yourself out thinking there is too much to do in so little time. Take it a step at a time even it I means just revising one page of one subject and moving on to another. Trust me this helps. Sometimes you're just not in the mood of revising a certain subject so even doing one page of it is an achievement.
2: Next up make sure you have a water bottle near you. It's good to keep hydrated throughout the whole time you are revising. Its also prevents headaches.
3: I actually found this very helpful. My brother and I would test each other. This means while I was testing him I was learning too as I was repeating content and for information to transfer into long term memory it has to be repeated.
4: My revision books usually have alot of colour in them. I can't really revise without colour. I think the colours help to process the information.
5: One thing my friend once said to me was aim for one grade higher than the grade you want. It may not seen like it works but trust me it does.
6: One more point dont think your some superhero and can do 5 hours of revision in one go, take a break even if its only 10mins.
Moving on I'm someone who literally can not follow timetables but I've recently made one which seems to be working. This idea was given to me by a friend and it might sound a bit dumb but whatever. Don't try to fit all your subjects into one day. Use one day per subject this really helps when trying to spread out time.
Hope this helped some of you. Its useless stressing there is no point, take it one step at a time and you'll do well in your exams.
SonaXx

Comments
Post a Comment