LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE!!

To be honest when it comes to baking I'm not very good but I still love it either way. Although I've had a disastrous situation where I've made a dripping cake because of adding too much baking powder, this cake recipe, I've got to say is amazing. Its from the one and only Tanya Burr. Just a little bit of advise don't get mixed up with tsp and tbsp. I know it's a really silly mistake but people like me  tend to make this mistake. This left me with a dripping cake in the oven, as well as ruining the cake I had to clean out the whole oven which I can say was not pleasant. 

So here's Tanya Burr's recipe: Here's the link if you want to watch it:


You will need:


170g Self Raising Flour
110g Icing Sugar
170g Caster Sugar 
1 tsp Baking Powder
 170g Butter
 2 lemons 
3 eggs


Method:


All you have to do is mix together the caster sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder and flour. Also add the zest of both the lemons. Then put put it into the oven for about 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Mine took around 45 mins to cook but this will depend on the size of your cake. Once you think its cooked take it out pierce a knife through the middle and if it comes out clean its cooked. To make the drizzle just mix together the icing sugar and juice of both the lemons. Make lots of holes in the cake while its still hot then pour the drizzle onto it. You can also sieve some icing sugar onto the cake.This is what I ended up with. Tanya Burr's baking recipes are literally the best!!


SonaXx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Chocolate Cookies

Down Memory Lane

EXAMS!!